The Cold War left the two major countries in the world untrusting of each other. The USA's relations with Russia are not as strong as they should be. Both sides are still judging of the other. The USA and the USSR still have issues that they are dealing with today because of the Cold War. One recent example of a Cold War effect is the treaty President Obama had to sign with the Russian president to limit the number of arms the USA and the USSR have in their countries. Although the USA is not in war with the USSR anymore, there are still many steps being taken today to try to get along better with the USSR. Today treaties of peace are trying to be made, and both countries are trying to solve the problems between themselves.
The USA's role in the Cold War was to stop the awful form of governmnet called communism from spreading. I believe that the USA took their role too far. They overstepped their bounds on trying to stop communism by trying to spread democracy. If the USA would have stuck to their goal of just stopping communism and trying to do nothing past that, then I think the war would not have been as bad as it was. Today, the USA has made the USSR hate them a little more because they did ovestep their boundaries. I think it was a good thing that the USA wanted to stop communism, but maybe they could have done it in a friendlier, more peaceful way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really enjoyed this summary. You did a great job of showing cold war tension today. Also, you put your opinion in about certain things which made it more interesting to read. I could tell that you put a lot of effort into this. Good Job! :)
ReplyDelete